On-line complaints

Important message about online complaints filed
between July 11 and July 17, 2018

The CNESST’s Labour Standards Online Complaints Service experienced difficulties from July 11 to 17, 2018.

If you filed a labour standards complaint during this period, please contact the CNESST’s Telephone Information Service.

On-line complaints

The Commission des normes, de l'équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail puts at your disposal a service that allows you to file a complaint on-line.

  • You can file a pecuniary complaint if you believe that your employer has not paid you all the amounts owing to you.
  • You can file a complaint for a dismissal not made for good and sufficient cause is you believe that you were unjustly dismissed after having worked for the same employer for at least two years.
  • You can file a complaint for a prohibited practice if you believe that your employer has penalized you, for example, a dismissal, suspension, move, discriminatory measures or reprisals, and that this penalty is prohibited by law.
  • You can file a complaint for psychological harassment if you believe that you have been the victim of harassing behaviour manifested through repeated hostile or unwanted behaviour, words or actions that undermine your dignity or psychological or physical health and make the workplace unpleasant. Note that even one serious occasion of misconduct may constitute psychological harassment.

In case of disagreement

Check your rights

Please sure you fully understand your rights by consulting the law and information on labour standards.

Meet with your employer

Clarify the situation and, as much as possible, resolve the problem.

This step often allows the problem to be resolved and avoids your aving to file a complaint with the Commission des normes, de l'équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail. This is in your interest as well as that of your employer.

Get informed

If needed, contact the Service des renseignements for more information.

If the steps you take do not resolve the situation, file your complaint as soon as possible so you will not lose your rights.