This provision stipulates that the provisions on collective dismissal do not apply to certain employees:
- An employee who is not credited with three months of uninterrupted service
See the interpretation of paragraph 1) of section 82.1 ALS.
- An employee whose contract of employment for a fixed term or for a specific undertaking expires
See the interpretation of paragraph 2) of section 82.1 ALS.
- An employee to whom section 83 of the Public Service Act applies
Section 83 of the Public Service Act (R.S.Q., c. F-3.1.1) reads as follows:
"83. For reasons of urgency or of public interest, or for practical reasons, the Conseil du trésor may, after consulting the Commission de la fonction publique, exempt any position or class of positions, owing to its special nature, from any provisions of this Act it may indicate.
In no case may the Conseil du trésor exempt a position or class of positions from the application of sections 64 to 76."
- An employee who has committed a serious fault
See the interpretation of paragraph 3) of section 82.1 ALS.
- An employee referred to in section 3 ALS
This applies to the following persons: